04:37 website , 1 Comment
6 Tips For Dating Profile Creation
Dating profile creation can be a little bit daunting if you have never created one before. The information on your profile can mean the difference between you being contacted by a potential suitor or being skipped for the next profile. Tips for creating an online dating profile include:
1) Being truthful and honest. Make sure that you portray yourself in a positive light, but at the same time do not stretch the truth. Honestly is best. You want people to want to meet you because of the person you are, not some made up person. They will only be disappointed if they meet you and the profile you created is completely different from the person that they actually meet.
2) Write a witty headline. Having a catchy and interesting headline will draw people to your profile. There are so many online profiles that you would want to distinguish yourself and stand out from the crowd. Make your headline funny, quirky or a little bit out there to capture people's attention.
3) Include a nice picture of yourself. A recent photo that is clear and shows you smiling is the best type of photo to display on your online dating profile. You want people to be attracted to your photo, not put off by it so choose photos that will show you in a good light!
4) Do not include confidential information. Your safety is important when it comes to online dating. Do not include personal details such as where you live, your full name, where you work and phone number. Stalkers do exist so it is best to be careful with the information that you disclose.
5) Ensure your online profile is short but sweet. Make the information on your profile interesting and not too lengthy. You don't want to bore people with a list of your favourite movies, books and artists. Don't reveal everything in your profile. A bit of mystery is a good thing.
6) Be sure to state exactly what you are looking for in a relationship. A few people on dating sites are looking for a casual encounter. If that is not what you after, explicitly say that you are only after a serious relationship. This will sort out the serious from the not so serious online daters.
Hopefully this will give you a few online dating profile ideas. Dating websites typically have a variety of online dating profiles featured on their website. Some will be attention grabbing whereas others will say absolutely nothing. Dating profile creation involves considering a number of elements that will best enhance your profile and ensure success when attracting potential daters.