Social bookmarks are an excellent way to divert high quality traffic for no or little cost. It is one of the most important parts of link building and help not just share static information but also follows as in social networks the ability to communicate and update information among friends and others in a network. Let us now look at a quick and easy guide to social bookmarking submissions.
• Expand your reach by setting up accounts on all valid social bookmarking websites. Make sure that you have a presence established on all social sites of relevance. Since it is understood that the purpose is link building, setting up public profiles with relevant catchy information is the first step.
• Complete your profiles on the bookmarking sites with as much relevant information as possible. There is a lot of things that will make a complete profile. Make sure that you download, use and promote the tools and lists provided within the site. Many sites provide user friendly buttons that should be downloaded and used as much as possible.
• Once you submit your primary URL into the system make sure that the categorization is done also with accuracy. This will help you get more search related hits, it will also make sure that useless traffic although always welcome to add to your site's reputation can also create an illusion of working when it may necessarily not be. Once primary URLs are in make sure that you over time follow up by submitting more URLs and genuine content.
• The quality of the content that you submit to social networks is also very important. Low quality content packed with keywords just for a higher search ranking can also sometimes be marked as spam. Try and provide genuine and useful content so that the chances of being marked as a spammer are minimized.
• Build on a network and expand your reach. You can get a lot of free information and traffic by branching out to people and groups that have a built ready network links and directories. Once you have a network make sure that you also regularly update not just yourself but also your network.
In the case of social bookmarking submissions it is important to remember that you have to focus on quality. There is ample quantity of traffic that comes in through social networking and bookmarking sites. Optimize your efforts by following these simple steps to get the best results.
For more information, visit the Search engine marketing company:
Affordable search engine optimization & Internet Marketing.
*Disclaimer- There are a good number of very good SEO's who avoid the social bookmarking scene like the plague. To them it is a time waster that would better be spent gathering higher quality backlinks. They are right. Social bookmarking is not for those who are trying to make adsense blogs, for those who want clicks on ads since the traffic you get isn't targeted to your product like it would be in Google. What it is good for is if you are trying to build an email list, or just get overall more traffic to your website and possibly try to create a community. That is the power of social bookmarking.
From an SEO standpoint, a social bookmark backlink is a low quality backlink. They are not ranked very high anymore with Google, and many of the big sites add "nofollow" to the link, so it's not ranked at all with Google. However, there are a number of sites that do follow your links, and it adds a nice diversity to your backlink profile as well.
So, social bookmarking isn't the end-all answer to your SEO needs, but it is one avenue to explore in an overall optimization strategy.
Guide to Social Bookmarking for an SEO
There are literally thousands of SB sites out there. Too many to keep track of, much less post to. The best thing to do is focus on one or two major social bookmarking sites as your core submission sites, and one or two niche social bookmarking sites specific to your niche, and just use an automated or semi-automated bookmarking service to take care of the rest. More on that later.
Social Bookmarking Site List
Free Directory List 18000 total